I spent several fun hours yesterday learning how to veneer from Frank. It was really cool, and I can see how this can be extremely addicting. I gave my new veneer hammer a good test run and think I’m ready to tackle the box front. The piece on top is a demo piece that Frank did the night before coming by my shop so he could show me the steps. It’s pine with a walnut burl veneer field and quarter sawn walnut veneer banding in a herringbone pattern. I scraped it down and put some shellac on it last night. The piece on the bottom is my practice piece from yesterday afternoon. It’s pine substrate with a walnut burl veneer field and maple burl veneer banding. I scraped it down last night as well and applied a few coats of shellac. For my first attempt at veneering, I’m thrilled. This is really cool stuff. You should try it.